Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Christmas Advent Calendar

This project will be in the 2012 Create:Holidays Idea Book by Northridge Publishing
to be released around October 2012.

I'm so excited to finally be able to show you this project!  Of all the projects I did for the "Be Splendid" release- for some reason this one came out exactly as I had it in my head, wasn't stressful at all, and came together in a day!  My layouts are another story- sometimes they'll sit on my desk for days un-glued before I decide they're the way I want them and finally get the courage to pull out the adhesive :)

This is a Christmas advent calendar that uses almost every die in the new release.  It was so much fun to put together each pocket, I love embellishments, and with these dies you can make your own.

(don't ask me what happened to #15- that's the beauty of sending projects
elsewhere to be used by the company you're designing for-
when you make your own, feel free to add a "15" to yours :)
I used a mecca of dies- the complete list can be found on the Lifestyle Crafts website today.

I used the Coin Envelope die for the pockets.
I recommend using a hot glue gun to glue the pockets to the beadboard.  This is just a piece of beadboard cut from a sheet from Lowe's or Home Depot.  I didn't even take the time to paint it-  it was already white.
The nice thing about the beadboard was it made it a breeze to evenly space the pockets.

Mr and Mrs Claus- so in love :)

The Lifestyle Crafts blog also has a list of what each pocket contains.

Each day is an activity to do with your family.

Patterned paper and solid cardstock: Stampin' Up!
Glittered cardstock: Doodlebug Sugar Coated Cardstock in Lily White
Ribbon, metal clips, and buttons- Stampin' Up!

-Tiffany

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. The silhouette of the girl with Santa is adorable. I may need one but don't have the faintest idea how... I guess I'll just have to admire your's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry- I've been out of town. It's 16 1/4 x 34 inches. (The 1/4 is because I wanted the wide and thin areas of the beadboard the same on both sides, symmetrical, so I have a thin bead along both the right and left sides).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...